DIY: Mason Jar Terrarium
How fun are terrariums…
A collection of potted plants in a cute glass jar. Yes, I’ll take it!
My guy + I got our hands dirty the other day making these small terrariums using mason jars. Come have a look…
Mason Jar Terrarium
- Glass Mason Jars
- Small rocks
- Terrarium style plants
- Miracle-Gro Potting Mix
- Gardening tools
hoarding collecting used glass jars. Whether from apple sauce, tomato sauce, jelly, etc., glass jars never get thrown out in our house.
1. To start off, I took a bunch of glass mason jars and put about a 1/2″ layer of small rocks on the bottom.
2. We then added a 1″ layer of Miracle Gro potting soil on top of the layer of rocks.
3. We then took our plant, gently broke up the roots, and used a small section of the plant for our glass mason jar.
This is where little hands come in handy.
4. My little guy snuggled the roots into the soil.
5. Add a layer of moss (which we got from our backyard)
6. And finished it off with some water.
The result? A beautiful and easy-to-make, easy-to-maintain plant project to enjoy in the Summer or all year round.
If you want to keep the Mason Jar Terrarium contained (less water will be needed), then use the cap from the glass jar. This is from a used tomato sauce jar…
So fun, right?! With the kids out of school and the chaos of Summer, the time I have to devote to the garden is very little. Thankfully with Miracle-Groâ€™s new venture, The Gro Project, there is no more worry or need for gardening to be difficult. The Gro-Project showcases fun garden projects, similar to what I created, that are easy, manageable, and that even a gal like me can tackle!
Happy Summer with a plethora of fun AND easy outdoor gardening projects!